“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” – George Orwell
Republican strategists–notably Ken Mehlman, Andrew Card and Karl Rove–are wildy successful takover artists. Their greatest conquest may be the English language itself. To deflect the glaring weakness of their ideas and the candidates who spout them off, the minds behind the scene shamelessly accuse their Democratic challengers of the very things they themselves are without question guilty of.
Karl Rove, a.k.a. Big Brother’s little helper
1) Bush-Cheney have attacked both Kerry and Edwards for missing key votes in the Senate, when no President in U.S. history has taken more time off than Dubya.
2) Bush-Cheney claim Kerry is unfit for the role of commander-in-chief, while they have five draft deferments and one absent without leave between them.
3) Bush-Cheney claim to be fiscally conservative, when in fact they are spending our money like drunken sailors.
4) Bush-Cheney accuse the mass media of liberal bias, yet there is not one name-brand journalist (except Lou Dobbs) willing to consistently challenge this administration.
5) Bush-Cheney assert that the world is a safer place today, while the nation of Iraq is in complete chaos and daily being flooded with more terrorists, Iran and North Korea are arming their nukes, genocide is occuring in Sudan and Russia is regressing into totalitarianism.
The question I have is why Democrats are not better prepared to expose these blatant lies, and belittle the liars who tell them. Some might say it’s important to honor the office, if not the man. No! We cannot honor those who willfully destroy the truth, The Constitution, the economy, etc. Doing so only contributes to the problem.